Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries arbitrary text in format, full element names?

Home Forums eaDocX queries arbitrary text in format, full element names?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Theurich
    Participant

Can I put free text somewhere inside the format definition. I know that it works with the line break, as shown in the help. but if I want to prefix the heading of a class element with , say, “Custom-Class”. How can this be done?

also, is it possible to have the full name including its path in the heading, instead of the short name (EA can do this)?

thanks,
    Michael

eadocX Support
    Participant

Michael,
    It’s not currently possible to have arbitrary text, except as you describe.

As for the path, what would you like that to look like? All the package names, with some kind of delimiter ?

Michael Theurich
    Participant

yes, all the package names, delimited by . (dot) or :: or : . Really cool 🙂 would be the capability to discard a number of segments at the beginning, because we have e.g.:

Functional View::Static Structure::Classes::pkg1::pkg2::pkg3::Classname

and would like to show everything starting from “pkg1”. This should work for the name of the element itself as well as for the owning element.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ha – you don’t want much 🙂
    The first idea is no problem – the second would require much more complexity – we would have to make another parameter for ‘how far back up the tree to print’ – in your case 3-levels. Other might want to start from the top and print :
    Functional View::Static Structure::Classes::Classname
    – so there would need to be another parameter to say where to start. This will have to put put in the requirements list for 3.1

So, for the moment, I’ll just create a new attribute for Packages and Elements which is something like ‘Full path name’. I’ll have a look today, and see how hard it will be, then I’ll re-post when I know which release it will be in.

eadocX Support
    Participant

New attribute ‘Path’ is now available, ro Packages and element, in V3.0.0.2, which is now available from the Downloads part of eadocx.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download