Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Auto generate profile – how to limit elements?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Auto generate profile – how to limit elements?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Szymon
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a model in EA as follows:

Project
    Features (includes activity diagram)
    Requirements (includes requirements diagram)

When I open a new MS Word document eaDocX propose to auto-generate the profile. I choose it, select Requirement package and set options as on attached print screen. Finally I have expected to see in the newly create profile only those elements which are in the Requirement package. However I see all element being in the Project package.

What should I do to see in the profile tab only those elements being in the Requirement package?

Thanks,
    Sz

Szymon
    Participant

and the aforementioned screen…

eadocX Support
    Participant

For reasons we can’t quite remember, there’s an additional override on this option in the eaDocX Repository Settings: ‘Use Metamodel for Package’ = true.
    We think this was to ensure backwards compatibility at some point, but that was a few releases ago.
    The option is really used when you create a Quick Document, to determine the scope of the auto-profile-generation.
    Sorry to mislead you !

Szymon
    Participant

OK, so strictly speaking it is not possible to auto create a profile with element limited to the one selected package. eaDocX will always gather all element from the root creating the profile.

Is that correct?

I am just asking to be aware of the mechanism 🙂

Of course, it would be a benefit for a user to have such functionality so…I suggest to add it to the TO DO list for a one of the next releases 🙂

Thanks,
    Szymon P.

eadocX Support
    Participant

No.
    If you change the setting in the eaDocX Repository Settings, then the Profile Auto-generate WILL be restricted to just the elements in the package. Plus a couple more like ‘Term’.
    Anyway, I’m not sure why you care about this so much. If the Auto-generate creates a Profile made from ALL the elements in the Model, the document will look EXACTLY the same! It’s just the Profile will have a few more things in it, which don’t get used by the document.

Szymon
    Participant

Well, I care about this because It could help creating the profile with limited number of elements rather than put there long list of all elements from the whole project.
    Please imagine the case that for any reason you would like to add to the document only one of packages and customise this profile. This feature will simply let the user easier find the element for which the profile will be customised. Just that so usability.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download