Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Blank line printed after each table

Home Forums eaDocX queries Blank line printed after each table

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    T.W. van den Berg
    Participant

After a table I always get a blank line printed, with MS Word style “Normal (Web)”. This causes a lot of white space in the document.

In some cases this line is not needed, eg when the next text is a heading for a new chapter.
    Also, I would like to have control over the MS Word style being used.

Rgds,
    Tom van den Berg

Mark Elson
    Participant

Somewhere there is a comment (maybe a forum posting or in help but can’t find it right now) that the blanks lines are necessary to stop Word joining tables together.

T.W. van den Berg
    Participant

Yes, and in that case there should indeed be a blank line (MS Word style to be controlled by me).

But in case the next style is a Heading, I suggest to not generate a blank line.

— Tom

eadocX Support
    Participant

Melson is right – we add an extra line to stop one table from joining itself onto a following one.
    We have looked at this several times, and we think whilst doing it this way does add extra lines occasionally, it is more reliable at creating a sensible-looking document. All the alternatives had bad side-effects in some circumstances.

Köhli
    Participant

In my case it always creates an extra header below each table. How can I avoid this? I changed the style of the line to “Text”, but when I generate the document again, the format resets to a header.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Use the Word ‘outline’ view to see which Word Paragraph Style eaDocX is using for this header. Then check the styles used before it.

Köhli
    Participant

Thank you, that worked. What about the Texts [Section] and [End]? They seem to be formatted as standard text by default and therefore printed. How can I change that?
    Is there a template that can be used where all styles are defined properly?

eadocX Support
    Participant

That text is in an ‘invisible’ style – one which will not print.
    You can stop seeing it in the eaDocX/Word window by choosing eaDocX / Tools / Hide/Show section Marks.
    There is no supplied Word template – we assume that you are already Word users, and will want to use your own styles and formatting from your own Word templates.
    All you need to do in eaDocX is to say which of your Word paragraph styles eaDocX should use for which bits of your document. Some stuff is built-in, for example, heading 1..Heading6. Everything else will use your ‘normal’ style, unless you configure something else.
    It’s all in the help…

Köhli
    Participant

I figured as much (and read the help too), but in my documents, for some reason, that text is not formatted as invisible, and I have to do that manually.
    I know now at least how to fix it.
    Thanks for the fast replies!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download