Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Blank Space and Tabs in Description Fields

Home Forums eaDocX queries Blank Space and Tabs in Description Fields

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul Whiston
    Participant

I have been putting some “pseudo code” in my sceanrio descriptions but when the document is generated it seems to strip out any whitespace at the start of a line. I would like to suppress that. Any ideas.

eadocX Support
    Participant

This is related to the way that EA saves this text, and how it makes it available at the API. Sometimes it adds suprious, invisible whitespace , expecially when the text has been copy/pasted from other tools.
    So, we remove it – it usually gives better results. Except in your case.
    Not a great solution, but you might add the psedo-code into a tagged value ?

Paul Whiston
    Participant

Thanks for the reply – a real pity. This has somewhat soured my otherwise good evaluation. 🙁

The EA Document generator manages it but lacks the flexibility I need

eadocX Support
    Participant

OK – looking at it now – it’s not quite doing what I remember – Generator seems to be ignoring CRLFs as well.. 🙁

Paul Whiston
    Participant

I’m not having trouble with CRLFs which seem to be reproduced.
    I have tried putting a “.” at the front of every line but its still suppresses multiple white spaces to a single space.
    If I type my steps into structured spec – how do I get those to reproduce in the document as currently this doesn’t work for me.
    Thanks

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ha! Found it.
    It’s my old friend, the Word HTML interface – ‘helping’ by removing leading blanks. Just added   to make sure it gets the point.

Fixed now- just building & uploading – look for v2.2.1.04 on eaDocX.com shortly – might take a while, as my internet seems to have knocked-off for the holidays…

Paul Whiston
    Participant

What was this fix supposed to do?

I now have little “o” between each word where spaces are. This hasn’t changed my leading whitespace problem or am I going to have to live with that?

Sorry about that. The fix didn’t behave exactly as expected.

We have removed v2.2.1.04 from the download page and re-published v2.2.1.3.

We will keep working on it and update this string as soon as a new version is available.

Paul Whiston
    Participant

Trying to work around my problem to put in pseudo code in scenario steps and output those but I’ve been unsuccesful in getting the steps printed.

I have a column “Scenario steps” and in the column is “(steps)”

I really don’t want to put it in as a “tag” as earlier suggested

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have a fix ready now for the problem of missing-out leading blanks. I assume that the blanks are needed so that your pseudo-code is sensibly indented – but are the chars blanks or tabs? I’ve only done the fix for blanks, as EA doesn’t let us add tab chars into description fields, but if your psedo-code is being copied-in from somewhere else, it might have tabs as well.
    If you only have blanks, let me know, and I’ll put the fixed version onto eadocx.com this morning.

Thanks

Paul Whiston
    Participant

I have used tabs (allowed if you use CTRL-TAB keys together) but I can change those to spaces easily – in fact its probably better as tabs seem to be 8 chars could do with saving space.

Thanks for all your efforts.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Fix is now available as 2.2.1.05
    Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download