Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Can’t get connectors and composite elements in doc

Home Forums eaDocX queries Can’t get connectors and composite elements in doc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hans Admiraal
    Participant

I’m evaluating eaDocX and I have trouble getting the following information in my Word document:

(1) The name of a package on the title page and the names of the subpackages as chapter headings.
    (2) A paragraph for each class (that works, but..) as part of that paragraph:
    (2a) a table of connectors connected to that class
    (2b) the state machine diagram that applies to that class, followed by the list of states.
    (3) A paragraph for each activity and as part of that paragraph, an activity diagram and a table of actions that constitute the activity.

Items (2b) and (3) have in common, that it does not seem to be possible to put the elements of a composite element into the document.

If my impression is right, that these items are limitations of the current version of eaDocX, then the tool does not meet our demands.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ll answer in order….
    (1) Package headings are connected to the H1…Hn headings in word, and you can set the top-level package to start with any heading level – use eaDocX Preview, select the section, use up/down button to increase/decrease the top-level package’s level. All child packages then get lower-level headings.

To change how H1…Hn appear, change the Word styles, as normal

(2) To get each class in a para, print ‘class’ elements as Inline.

(2a) To create a table of connectors (not connected elements??) in the Inline definition for Class, create a Relationship Table, and use a connector type of ‘Any’, then print some of the attributes of the connector – all are available

(2b) Also make ‘Class’ elements print their Diagrams, and Children, then define a profile for the ‘State’ element (or import the ‘Classes, dat and State’ profile – it has all this)

(3) Again, just define Activity elements to print Inline (each has it’s own paragraph) then add ‘Diagrams’ and ‘Children’ if needed.

Adding a ‘Children’ attribute is the way to get elements to print their composites, but you need to tell eaDocX how to print each kind of child element.

Most of this is described in the online help., but if you’re really stuck, mail the doc you’d like to see, and your .EAP to enquiries@eadocx, and we’ll sort something out for you

Hans Admiraal
    Participant

Thanks, I got it. I downloaded the latest version and I tried again using the profile “All elements” and succeeded including all the elements I want. Two new questions came up, which I will post as separate issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download