Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Characters in Excel like öäü displayed in EA as ?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Characters in Excel like öäü displayed in EA as ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laszlo Mihalka
    Participant

Hi,

after importing Excel national characters (e.g. öäü) are displayed in EA as “?” . The built-in csv import works fine.

What to do ?

Thanks, Michel

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi Michel

Not sure I have the answer off the top of my head – we have tested with several different languages and work fine, although we did have an issue about 18 months ago.

There is an issue with Excel when the language of the windows machine is different from the language of the Excel installer i.e. if you had a French machine but did an installation using an English version of Excel. You can change the language used in the UI but the underlying “culture” of Excel remains English. We did a fix for this but were limited by the languages we tested.

In the 1st instance can you advise:

• What version of windows you have installed
    • What you language you have configured for your machine (and I assume Excel)
    • What version of Excel
    • If at all possible what version of the installer was used

Not sure I have the answer but it sounds very similar to this other issue.

Regards

eaDocX support

Laszlo Mihalka
    Participant

Hi,

Win7 (64bit, English), Excel 2013 (64bit, English). Only the Regional Settings are different (German) and the keyboard, of course.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks in advance, warm regards

Michel

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi Michel

My guess is this is the same issue – in that the regional settings are different from the install.
    Although when the issues was raised we were still using Excel 2010.
    I’ll need to take a look and see if I can replicate somehow, and see if there are any changes.
    May not be a quick response this time :unsure:

regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download