Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Children vs. all children of related elements

Home Forums eaDocX queries Children vs. all children of related elements

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fabian Knoll
    Participant

Hi,

I do not understand the difference of the relationship type “Children” and “All Children” (see attached screenshot) if I am editing a profile to generate children of elements of an special stereotype. In my case activities have objects as children. If I am using “Children” for the relationship type the direct children are found. For “All Children” nothing is found. My assumption is that “All Children” is transitiv but as mentioned, nothing is found.

Regards,
    Fabian

eadocX Support
    Participant

It took me a while, but i finally remembered the difference.
    ‘Children’ is just what is says: the immediate children of an element.
    ‘All Children’ was created at a customer’s request, and returns all the chilred, their children recursively to the bottom of the tree..
    …except that it wan’t working properly in the latest release, and it didn’t seem to be in test case anywhere:-(
    So, it will be fixed in the next maintenance release (3.4.4) which will be available shortly.

Fabian Knoll
    Participant

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. So I will waite for the new release.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download