Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Closing EADocx neatly

Home Forums eaDocX queries Closing EADocx neatly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I’m probably being a bit thick here but is there a way of closing EADocx once it is open (I can close the Word window from inside Word clearly but this leaves the main windows open). If I hit the X button on the main title bar then it blows away EA entirely unless I have unsaved diagrams in which case EA prompts me to save them before closing (I can then Cancel the save and EA remains open).

I know it’s a little trivial but most of my team connect through floating licences and so I encourage them to close when they’re not using the tool.

eadocX Support
    Participant

There is still the ‘close’ (‘X’) at the top right hand corner of the eaDocX window, outside of Word, but inside of EA. It’s directly above the ‘Help’ item on the eaDocX menu strip.

We use this for ‘close’ so that eaDocX gets to hear about the window closing, so that it can do things like saving a current profile & document.

Matt
    Participant

Ah yes – that was the issue. Pressing the X in eadocx doesn’t just close eadocx, it also attempts to close the whole of EA. If you have diagrams unsaved, EA offers the opportunity to save them before it closes (when you can Cancel which keeps EA open) otherwise EA just shuts down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download