Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Divide activity diagrams

Home Forums eaDocX queries Divide activity diagrams

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Participant

HI!
    EA RTF generator can divide large activity diagrams, if i set checkbox “Divide Diagram into multiple pages”.
    How can i do the same when i generating document with eaDocX?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Short answer – you can’t split diagrams. There is no API into Sparx to get ‘bits’ of a diagram.
    I’m currently waiting for a response from Sparx to see if they can externalise the function they use in the RTF generator, in which case we’ll use that.
    In the next release, we will support printing of documents which are defined in EA as being ‘Landscape’ orientation, which you can automatically print on their own Landscape orientation page.
    I’ll update this post when I know more from Sparx.

Pavel
    Participant

Thanks for your answer!

Pavel
    Participant

hi! i saw a new release of eadocx – what about my problem?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have not received a reply from Sparx about this, which is fairly typical. They provide a way to ‘request a Feature’ and , as Global Partners, we also have a ‘side door’ for requests, but they usually just develop which ever new functions they want.
    I looked at doing a manual re-sizing of diagrams, but its just just too complicated and unreliable to re-calculate all the geometry.
    You can help by making a request on the Sparx forum, to ask for an API for resized diagrams.
    In v3.3 I have added a feature to print diagrams which (in EA) are flagged as printing Landscape, to print in a separate Landscape page, and I have tried to get these big diagrams to fit that size of page as well as I can, but I’m manipulating a bitmap image, not the individual diagram elements.
    I wonder, though, if you have a diagram this big, printed in a document, how will the reader understand it? I always split my diagrams (the ones for public use) into smaller ones, and keep the ‘big picture’ diagrams in my models, just for use by EA users..
    …but I realise that doesn’t fix your problem…

Engelhard
    Participant

I guess there ain’t any news for that? I would need that feature, too. Is there a preferred text to write sparx systems, so that they “see the dots connecting”?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Best plan is to submit a ‘Request Feture’ yourself to Sparx – they do listen to these (sometimes…) but we never get any promises before a new release is finally anounced.
    We used to call this “management by nice surprises..”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download