Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA Scripts not available

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA Scripts not available

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Philipp Woditsch
    Participant

Hi,

when trying to use EA Script as formatting profile, the window which shall show the available VB scripts remains empty. In another EA project on which i am working, the scripts are available.

Is there a difference between an EAP project and an EA database project regarding the scripting mechanism?

Regards, Philipp

eadocX Support
    Participant

eaDocX looks in the t_script table in the EA model, whether that is in the EAP file, or in a shared database.
    Ah – an idea – which DBMS are you using? This uses some SQL, and maybe that’s broken?

Philipp Woditsch
    Participant

i am using PostgreSQL

eadocX Support
    Participant

ah – I have just run the ests using a Postgres Db, and they failed 🙁 I will fix today.

eadocX Support
    Participant

OK – fixed in version 3.9.4.3. There were also problems in fetching details of Model Views, and existing relationship matrices, so I fixed those at the same time. Also re-tested with Oracle and EAP files, and all OK. All stuff which requires different SQL for the different DBMSs. I really wish that Sparx could fix this in their SQl API.

Philipp Woditsch
    Participant

Thanks for the fix, the scripts are now available. But now a new error appears.
    Before the window for the script selection opens, the attached error massage turns up.
    (in english its something like: “Alias ‘notes’ causes circular reference in SELECT-List oft the query-definition”).
    This happens in eap and database projects.
    Also the generation shows an error message “Error running scipt ID:22”

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – my mistake -I uploaded the wrong file. See new version 3.9.4.4.
    Sorry!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download