Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX can’t find its installation directory?!

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX can’t find its installation directory?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matthias geißler
    Participant

Í installed both versions of eaDocX (2.2, 3.0) to the installer suggested location c:program fileseadocx. But I always get the attached error message which tells me that “The folder c:Program fileseaDocX was not found …”
    The error occurs if I try to start to create a document from an EA package.
    I use EA932 and Office 2007.
    Is it possible that eaDocX is working case sensitive? I.e. c:Program Files and c:Program files is not the same?

regards,
    Matthias

eadocX Support
    Participant

Matthias,
    I will add some additional tracing into this method, to see what happening. All eaDocX is doing is looking into the installation directory (c:program fileseadocx) to find the built-in Profiles. I’ll upload it later this morning.

Can you avoid this by creatng a document, and not selecting a built-in profile, but then then doing
    eaDocX | File | Load Document Profile
    and on the ‘Import Document Profile’ page, manually browsing to find the built in profiles (still in c:program fileseadocx). This mght work for you.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Added 3.0.2.03, which has an additional trace point.
    If you can re-create the problem, with full trace switched-on, then send the results to support@eadocx.com , i’ll have a look.

matthias geißler
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response!
    What already worked was to specify a built-in profile manually by browsing. Using the Quick Document option gives me now always the c:program fileseaDocX path. Perhaps the initial path was not correct after installation? (currently using 2.2 version)
    One stupid question, where do I download the 3.0.2.03 version? (I’m still a trial user) I can’t see it in home->downloads->eadocx downloads

eadocX Support
    Participant

Officially, the 3.x version is still in Beta, so is only available to customer, not to trial users.
    All you have to do is buy eaDocX 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download