Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX “Checking for any updates”

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX “Checking for any updates”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mary Louise Hagan
    Participant

I have Enterprise Architect and the eaDocX addin installed on a workstation that is not connected to the Internet. Each time I launch Enterprise Architect, a pop-up of eaDocX appears saying “checking with eadocX.com for any updates” and as a result, I get another pop-up stating that the server is busy (trying to search for updates when it can’t)and as a result, the launch of Enterprise Architect is delayed until it’s done trying to check for updates.

I have tried to look at the eaDocX installation files and the registry to try and disable the checking of updates, but I can’t seem to find anything.

Would you be able to let me know how I can disable this?

Thank you.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Which version of eaDocX are you using? I thought we moved that ‘update’ check to where eaDocX is first started-up, not at startup of EA.

Mary Louise Hagan
    Participant

Hi,

I am using version 3.3.10.0 of eaDocX. I have packaged EA and eaDocX together so that when users install EA the eaDocX add-in is also installed. When EA is launched, eaDocX is also launched, but it appears that eaDocX is launched first searching for the update, which delays the startup of EA.

I know the version of eaDocX is dated, but is there anything that can be done to remove the update check?

Thank you.

eadocX Support
    Participant

3.3!!
    That was quite a while ago.
    I think this got fixed in 3.8. So if you’re still in support, you can download the newer version and try that.

Mary Louise Hagan
    Participant

Thank you for your help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download