Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sudhakar
    Participant

Dear Team,

We are using the trial version of eaDocx. It looks very useful with EA.

We are in the discussion for purchase for the same.

We need your answers to below mentioned queries.

1. is eaDocx is compatible with MS Excel 2007 and above.
    Presently we are facing some issues with excel 2007. When we export the columns the
    generated sheet is becoming un editable. What is the solution for the same.

2. is eaDocX compatible with Windows 7.

Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudhakar Kamat

eadocX Support
    Participant

Yes – eaDocX is fully compatible with Office 2007 – both Excel and Word, and Office 2010.
    As of V3.2, we’re testing with Office 2013, which looks OK for Word, but Excel still has a few differences.

The problem you’re probably seeing with editing of Excel spreadsheets is one which is described in the eaDocX Help for Excel.
    Briefly, just hit ‘F2’ in Excel to edit – see the eaDocX help for why, if you’re interested.

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Is it compatible with WIndows 7 also.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Yes. It is compatible with windows 7

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thank you for the reply

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by Sudhakar.
    Sudhakar
    Participant

Hi,

Is the present version of the tool is stable.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sudhakar Kamat

eadocX Support
    Participant

yes.

Sudhakar
    Participant

Tool looks good. As we need more information before we propose the purchase we need answers for the below queries.

What is the present version of the tool available for purchase

We can see many features within eaDocx, but some of them come with EA also. Can you please clearly specify the features that are not present in EA and provided by eaDocx.

Thanks

Hello Sudhakar,

The latest version of the tool available for purchase is the same as that which you can download for trial.

Regarding the features unique to eaDocX: We have developed eaDocX to make document creation simple (i.e. so you don’t need to program in SQL, script or XML to produce the documents you want).
    Because we focus on just integrating with Microsoft products, instead of rtf/csv files as the in-built EA document generator does, we can use the features of Word and Excel to make our documents look better and include features that EA alone can never do.

There are lots of differences, but the best way to explain them is to talk direct to us. Why don’t you book a time slot via our January support offer and we can answer your questions more fully? Here’s the link …

Looking forward to speaking to you soon.

Sudhakar
    Participant

Hi,

I have some points to check

1. When i am trying to copy the contents Notes of any elements into eaXL i am getting the HTML tags like
    example:Main Features:
    How we can change this.

2. If have 10 elements(Components) and i have added two new tagged values. But i have provided values corresponding to 4 elements in newly added tagged value column. The tagged values(both name and value) will be updated only in 4 elements.
    Others will not have even tagged names.
    Expected: all the 10 elements must be updated with new tagged name and values. If no value then add tagged name without any value.

eadocX Support
    Participant

1. We looked at allowing the editing of the rich-text ‘Notes’ fields in Excel, but have decided not to in the current release. The HTML which is stored in EA for this attribute is not well-formed, so needs lots of processing to make readable, and Excel does seem to be a good way of editing textual data which is this complicated.
    We may change our minds one day, but I doubt it…

2. Interesting. We have debated this internally many times. ‘What would we expect?’
    We did think about doing things the way you suggested, but found that we were constantly creating tagged values in elements where we didn’t mean to – it’s quite easy here I want to create one or two TVs, but end up creating lots and lots, each with no value. So, in the end, we decided that if the cell was empty, not to create the TV.
    If you feel really strongly about this, we might make it a configurable option, but it’s something which users seem to have got used to : if you want to create the TV for all elements, just print “none” or “n/a” in the cell, and the TV will get created.

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thank you for the reply.

I want to genearte the report from a pckage which have many components. And some of these components have child elements as components. In xls report i dont want the properties of the child components.
    how we can avoid these child components from the report

Thanks and Regards,
    Sudhakar Kamat

Sudhakar,

By default, eaDocX does not display the children of Elements, just the children of Packages.

To change whether children of Elements will display, open eaXL and select Columns. There is an ‘Output Child Elements’ check box at the bottom of the viewing window. Change this to the setting you want, then re-export.

Excel will use the standard nesting notation, at the left-hand-side of the the spreadsheet, for child elements.

Regards

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi

Not entirely clear on your issue.

You can produce a list of elements (e.g. components) and not include the children by unchecking the “output child elements”
    and all elements list will include all the detail for all columns.

However I suspect this is not your issue – are you saying that you want to output BOTH components and their children BUT exclude the attributes/columns for the children? BTW: Not a mechanism to do this at present.

If you can clarify then I can advise.

Regards

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I have a component diagram(C1), on this diagram i have i have added 5 more component diagrams(C2,C3,C4 and C5).
    Now in report i want only C1 details such as Version,Description.
    It should not include the properties of C2,C3,C4 and C5

Also i have several such C1s like, which are in a package. If i select this package and unchecking the “output child elements”, then click on report it is not including any other components.

Thank You.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download