Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx compatible for Windows8

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx compatible for Windows8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

Hello,
    I respectively my company have bought licenses for eaDocX. My company has converted its computer Windows8. By switching to Windows8 I can no longer work with eaDocX in the Enterprise Architect version 10. In the current eaDocX 3.4 Full version is available in the system requirements that the eaDocX 3.4 Full Version can not be used for Windows8. Is there a eaDocX Full version is compatible for Windows8?

Thanks, Gunnar

eadocX Support
    Participant

We don’t know of any problems with eaDocX 3.4 and Windows 8 at the moment.
    The information in the System Requirements section was put there when Windows 8 was first available, before we had chance to regression test it.
    Have you tried it on your Win8 configuration ?

Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

yes I did, but the Enterprise Arichtect always crashes when opening eaDocx

Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

Can you possibly help me, what to do to solve the problem?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Are you by any chance also using other EA Add-ins as well as eaDocX? This is currently causing problems for other users (e.g. EANavigator or Screen Architect?)

Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

No, I have not installed any other add-ins. Every time I try to open eaDocX appears this error message (Enterprise Architect – UML Development Tool doesn’t work).
    I am very interested in a problem solution, so that I can work as soon as possible with eaDcX.

Software used:
    • eaDocX 3.4.2.1
    • Enterprise Architect 10
    • Windows 8.1
    • Office 2010

eadocX Support
    Participant

Thanks for these details.
    I can’t seem to create a Win8 test Virtual Machine under Win7, so I’ve ordered a new Win8 machine which will arrive later this week. I’ll be able to test it early next week, (there’s the UK EA User group on Friday).

Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

Dear Sirs,

we tried now the older Version No. 3.3.15 instead of the newest Version 3.4.2.2 from your download page.

From the beginning it worked properly. For the moment it is good.

The test with the older version did our administrator and not we.

1. How can we change the licence to the working Person from the administrator?

2. How we can get the properly working new version?

Kind Regards

Gunnar

Gunnar Salomon
    Participant

Dir Sirs,

as I wrote yesterday we found a Workaround for the Moment with the elder Version.

I wrote:
    The test with the older version did our administrator and not we.

1. How can we change the licence to the working Person from the administrator?
    [/i]

We did it that way because the admin has the full rights on his machine.

Please send us your reply on this simple topic soon that we are able to start the work.

Best regards
    Gunnar

Gunnar

The person who is currently associated with the key should use the “Contact us” form on the website to request the change. They should include their username and the licence key code that needs to be released for another user. I will then make the required changes.

Best regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download