Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX influences message locations

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX influences message locations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

I had the following weird problem: Whenever I drew messages in a sequence diagrams, they were misplaced by EA.

Here is what happened when I released the mouse button:

It turned out, that this problem only occurs, when the eaDocX plug-in is enabled. I disabled the plug-in, restarted EA and retried the message creation. Everything is fine now:

So the questions are:
    1. How can it be that eaDocX is influencing the way diagrams are drawn within EA, even when I don’t have any documents open at that time?
    2. Is it a known issue and will it be fixed?

I am using eaDocX v3.9.5.7, EA corporate edition 13.5.1352 (also occurs with 12.0.1215) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus 2016.

Thanks and regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

eaDocX does not intercepts any of the messages which EA creates when making diagrams. It MAY be that EA is creating other messages, which we do intercept, and which eaDocX doesn’t understand.
    Probably one for the EA forums…

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know any details of eaDocX internals, so I wouldn’t even know what to ask in the EA forum. Anyway, what would it help if I understand the messages broadcast by EA without knowledge of how they are handled in eaDocX?

But in general, why does eaDocX processes messages, which it doesn’t understand? Shouldn’t those messages simply be ignored? Does “intercept” mean, that those messages are removed from the message queue and won’t be processed by EA itself anymore?

I guess you are the only party, who could investigate what messages from EA are processed by eaDocX during connector creation, how eaDocX handles them and why that leads to a misplacement of the connector in the diagrams. So I still think this is the right forum to solve that problem.

Best regards
    Markus

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Markus Bauer.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

what happens with other plugins? Is this uniquely an eaDocX issue?

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

yes, it is a unique eaDocX issue. I had disabled all plug-ins and the messages were shown correctly. I then enabled all plug-ins except eaDocX and it still works fine. Only when I enable eaDocX (alone or in conjunction with other plug-ins), the message connectors get misplaced.

Best regards
    Markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download