Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EADocX throws NullReferenceException – EA13 & EA14

Home Forums eaDocX queries EADocX throws NullReferenceException – EA13 & EA14

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vivek
    Participant

Hi Team,

I use EADocX for document generation – up until recently everything was fine.
    And then,
    Every time i try to open a docx file to update, it throws an error.

I tried to enable advanced logs and tested “Check Installation”.
    I got an error which practically meant (atleast to me) as EADocX had trouble opening MS Word.

Any help to overcome this issue would be of great help – Thanks!!!

Administrator
    Participant

Thanks for running the installation inspector – always a good idea.
    It looks like eaDocX can’t find Word any more – have you just changed your Office installation ?

Vivek
    Participant

Nope, not that i know off anyways.
    But it is possible – since there was a forced company update policy that was run on my system.

I am not sure if i can undo that though!!
    Are there any ways using settings/config – i can manually point the docx to the word instance??

eadocX Support
    Participant

No – eaDocX looks in your Windows registry to find valid DLLs which it can use. And it’s possible they might not be there.
    Are you able to download the full desktop version of Office ? eaDocX looks for some DLLs which are only present if you have a full download. The Microsoft Click-to-run option is good at fetching additional bits of Word which you might need whist you are using Word through the normal UI, but eaDocX uses an API DLL to get into Word.

Vivek
    Participant

Hi Team,

The Re-install of Office 365 has resolved the issue.

I have rechecked with “installation checker” feature of EADocX post re-install and i can confirm that this is now working as before.

Thank you for the quick assist on the issue.

Attaching the screenshots of the successful Installation check run (for reference)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Vivek.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download