Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX V4 Testing

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX V4 Testing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bob
    Participant

Hi Ian

Just installed and started testing the new version.
    The issue I had with OneDrive and document generation has been resolved so thanks for that.

With such a major change, I was expecting some of the old annoying issues to have been resolved, but maybe its not to late yet.

Tables need an option to define the caption and the text for the caption. I would suggest Table n and using word style ~Body or something.

Thats it so far.

Bob

bob
    Participant

Hi

Just hit my first issue.

Glossary section inserts table brakes by Term Type.

Also as it did in V3, the table footnote is mall-formed. It remains as $Table$ rather than being replaced by a table number and text.

Bob

Radley
    Participant

Just installed Ver 4.0.0.2 beta

And the first thing that I notices was the dead space in the areas.

Please see attached to see the difference.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Oh, that’s very odd. What OS and screen resolution are you using?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think I understand the requirement, but the challenge we have is that a table could come from lots of sources. It’s just a list of “things” which might be from a package, but also from a report. Anything which adds a caption to tables needs to work in all those cases. We did add the option for a title above each table, but that’s a fixed string.
    So my question is, how would you specify what the table caption would say, so that it covers all types of table? And make it backwards compatible?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ll have a look at this. I didn’t test this

eadocX Support
    Participant

Also, please can you submit each issue as a separate thread. Makes it easier to see which answers belong to which questions.

bob
    Participant

Hi Ian

I have had a go at defining this and suggesting a way to do it for comment.

Bob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download