Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDOcX with Excel 2016 on Windows 10

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDOcX with Excel 2016 on Windows 10

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Fatma
    Participant

Hi All,
    I tried to use EaDOcX with Excel 2016.
    List of classes appeared and disappeared quickly.
    Could you please let me know if EaDocX is compatible with Excel 2016?
    Thanks for your help
    Regards

eadocX Support
    Participant

I tried this on our test server, and it (briefly) did as you said, then I found the trial licence has expired, so we are now downloading the full version, and we’ll get back to you.

Fatma
    Participant

Hi,
    Have you had time to retest the connection between EaDocX and Excel 2016 using a full version?
    Thanks in advance for your help

eadocX Support
    Participant

We are still working on this. We need to build a new test environment with Office 2016, which we need to schedule around doing other stuff, so its not instant.
    We did try installing 2016 on a demo server, and it can use Word 2016 just fine: we didn’t use Excel for that demo…

eadocX Support
    Participant

UPDATE – I have just contacted another customer who is using Office 2016, and they report that it’s working OK for them.
    I notice for the install of Office 2016 (which is still running…) that it uses the Click2Run technology, which downloads bits of Office as the users needs to use them. This MIGHT be the problem. No solution – yet, but there is no underlying issue.

Fatma
    Participant

Please do not hesitate to contact me when you can test the EaDocX and Excel 2016 on your server and/or find out a solution to solve Click2Run issue?
    Thanks in advance

Fatma
    Participant

Hi,
    Have you had time to test EaDocX with Excel 2016?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have just been testing with excel 2016, and it looks like it really REALLY doesn’t work.
    This happened when Microsoft went from 2010 to 2013: the underlying programming model changed the way Excel can be embedded in other applications. In the case of 2013, it just means that the Excel window floats away, and can’t be docked inside eaDocX. But it still works.

Well now it looks like this problem has gone away with 2016, but lots of other new issues have appeared. I can get the basics to work, with some fiddling, but the Excel UI remains un-responsive: I can’t edit anything!
    I tried to use Excel 2016 with the Sparx equivalent, and their excel exporter freezes-over as well.
    Looks like we have LOTS more work to do to make this work!

In the meantime, I will update the system requirements to sat that eaDocX, as of version 3.7, DOES NOT SUPPORT EXCEL 2016.
    Sorry about this, but we are stuck in the middle of two very large organisations – Sparx and Microsoft – who constantly change how they do things, and we have no control over either of them.
    Sorry 🙁

Fatma
    Participant

Hi,
    I hope you are well.
    Thank you very much for your reply and I understand your troubles.
    I have another question:
    I would like to stop the usage of EaDocX on a desk to get back the license and use it elsewhere.
    If I delete EA license, does it also inactivate EaDocX license?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards,
    Fatma

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Fatma.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download