Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Existing document, insert section, not pink?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Existing document, insert section, not pink?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ken Norcross
    Participant

I am starting to modify/convert many “legacy” documents, so that content now starts to come from EA via eaDocX. (Sharepoint docs that I check out to a local folder, and open inside EA)

I have noticed several times now that when I remove existing content, and insert a new section, that sometimes the new section does not appear in the usual (pink?) color, and shows up in black. The text looks the same but the color is wrong. If I generate with this, the content is produced, but then I can never get rid of the “section” text.

If I pick Hide Section Marks, the square brackets go away but the “Section:Section1” text stays in the document, and if I pick Show Section Marks the square brackets come back.

It seems like I have a sort of functioning section but something is wrong at the same time.

I have really no knowledge of Word bookmarks or sections, so I find it hard to debug this. My workaround is to go back to a previous document version with no eaDocx profile inside and start over. This worked for a document yesterday, but I am now on to document #2 and hitting the same issue.

Ken Norcross
    Participant

I realize now I have to be very careful about hidden “junk” in existing Word documents. I have had more success today. The main rule is if the eaDocX section is not pink, remove the section and clean up that area of the document before proceding.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download