Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Highlighting Glossary Items

Home Forums eaDocX queries Highlighting Glossary Items

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather Wallace
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve never worked with the glossary in eaDocX before. We have a glossary in EA, though it is published via another mechanism into a separate document. One of our reviewers has asked if we can indicate which terms in an architecture document are included in the separate glossary. Is there any way of doing this in eaDocX?

Alternatively, is there any way of including just the referenced terms in the current document and maybe accessing them via hyperlink or some other mechanism?

Regards,
    Heather

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Heather,
    We can’t help you with automatic creation of a separate glossary document. What the eaDocX glossary does do is create a document glossary using the subset of the terms from the EA glossary which appear in the document.
    The first time a glossary term is used in the document, it is gently highlighted, using a dotted underline. We tried a full underlined hyperlink, but it looked really clumsy.
    Will this suffice ?

Heather Wallace
    Participant

This is almost perfect for what we need 🙂 (I couldn’t find it in the on-line help). I love the fact that the underlining remains even if I subsequently change the style or delete the glossary entries. It would be nice to have the option of the “highlighting” at every occurrence or the first occurrence, as some people may dip into our documents to look at only the sections of interest to them.

There is one issue that makes it difficult to work with but I suspect it is an EA issue rather than an eaDocX issue. When we include short acronyms e.g. “IT”, the engine picks up the lower case version and underlines “it”, suggesting a completely innappropriate interpretation. If only EA could give us a separate (case sensitive) mechanism for handling acronyms!

Cheers,

Heather

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download