Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks in a Matrix Report Table

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks in a Matrix Report Table

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Szymon
    Participant

HI,

Is it possible to create Matrix Report e.g. between Requierements & Features, having requirement names and features names presented as hyperlinks? I mean, I would like to have a matrix report table on the top of the document and smoothly navigate from this point to sections with details of reqs or features by pressing the hyperlink name in the matrix table.

Is such feature available currently?

Thanks,
    Szymon P.

eadocX Support
    Participant

not at the moment, but it’s a great idea!
    I’ll have a look…

eadocX Support
    Participant

This was such a GREAT idea, that it just made it into the latest eaDocX maintenance release!
    So, it’s now available in v3.4.3.0 from the website.
    Note that whilst adding hyperlinks to the ‘source’ (the left-hand column) works well, because of the way Word creates the table, using hyperlinks in the ‘target’ (top row) doesn’t look as good, as the row is too tall.
    A great way to use is is to add the hyperlinks as the source of the matrix report, then let eaDocX add the detail of each element as a cross-reference report (Element Report, type ‘cross-reference’). This will find each hyperlink from the Matrix Report, and print the details of only those elements which appear in the matrix ‘source’ (or target, is you REALLY want to).
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Szymon
    Participant

That’s perfect. I’ll check 🙂

As I see I could help something 😉 may I assume that I’ll get some discount purchasing the commercial vesion of the eaDocX?

Thanks 🙂
    Szymon P.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Szymon.
    Szymon
    Participant

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Szymon.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

Ha Ha Ha. We’re enjoying your sense of humor!

Szymon
    Participant

Best regard :laugh:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download