Products

Home Forums eaSheets queries Import to EA form excel containing a column with a relationship

Home Forums eaSheets queries Import to EA form excel containing a column with a relationship

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fryderyk
    Participant

Hi,
    When I’m using import to EA form excel, if excel contain column with relationship, the application interferes with existing objects in the structure, creates redundant duplicate relationships, creates new objects from the list of displayed Tag Values, or places the contents of the relations by creating new Tag Values. Such an import for columns with a displayed relation has always been neutral for this function (but it was very useful when I copied the content to a new Tag Vale from the column with the relation – the relation itself never imported).

Attachments:
    Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Which eaTeamWorks version are you using?
    Please can you provide a test case which I can investigate – I need to know the structure of your data before you start editing, and the steps you used to produce the error.
    Thanks

Fryderyk
    Participant

I’ve enclosed test case in 5 steps base on 1.2.4.0 version.

Attachments:
    Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Thanks – I also need the XMI of your model example – I think there are tagged values and other data which I can not reproduce.
    Also, how did you create the sheet on page 1? I assume you added some of the columns. Which ones did you choose?
    Always better to include an XMI, then I know we are both working with exactly the same data. Also include the Excel versions of any sheets you created.

Fryderyk
    Participant

I have enclosed the XMI file.

Fryderyk
    Participant

Second file.

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Still waiting to get some data so I can test this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download