Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries individual formats for reports not working

Home Forums eaDocX queries individual formats for reports not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Theurich
    Participant

I’ve tried a report on element type class starting from a certain package in the project browser. Then when I try to assign a custom INLINE format, I get the following error (table seems to work OK):

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at eaDocXAddIn.cntlInlineList.updateFOS(DGFormatOptionCollection fos)
    at eaDocXAddIn.frmInlineFormatting.frmInlineFormatting_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

when I hit continue, I do get the dialog to specify the format, but it is not properly saved when I click on save. next time looking at “Inline” again, I get the error again and an empty dialog.

Is this a bug??

cheers,
    Michael

eadocX Support
    Participant

Certainly looks like a bug to me!
    Can you send a .eap and document to support@eadocx.com, and I will have a look
    Thanks

Michael Theurich
    Participant

I have sent the requested files directly per email.

I have to add one bit of information: When I create a new document, I still get the warning/instruction to create the folder “C:Program FileseaDocX” and copy the .XML and help files into it (My installation is on D:, because as a normal I do not have write permissions in the programs folder. I have done that copying (as a local admin), but running EA I have no write access to this directory. Also, opening help from the dialogs does not work. Can the write protection be the problem??

Michael

Michael Theurich
    Participant

To shed more light onto the folder issue: I’ve just changed the permissions for ordinary users to writable. Now the complaint about missing c:program files folder is gone. BUT HELP still does not open from inside eadocx.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download