Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Instance Classifiers

Home Forums eaDocX queries Instance Classifiers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi,

In my model I have a situation where, in a BPMN 2.0 diagram, I have pools and lanes that map to business actors and actors respectively via the Instance Classifier method in EA (Ctrl+L)

As a result, the lanes and pools have no names or descriptions of their own but “Point” to the class that they instantiate. Is there any way of accessing these classifiers so I can print the classifier name and description in place of the instance data?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Matt
    Could you mail a little example to support@eadocx.com and I’ll have a look.
    Ian

Matt
    Participant

Done and thanks….

Martin Schoenhoff
    Participant

Hi, is there a solution yet? I’m having basically the same issue, namely with object instances for which I need to get to the Object and it’s attributes. I’d expect “Classifier name” to be in the profile’s “NAME” drop-down selection as well as “Classifier” to be a relationship type for “relationship attributes” dialogs.
    Reproduction is easy: create a class in any diagram, then select “Advanced – Convert to instance” and then try to find the class name and class description of the newly created anonymous object instance …

Matt
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t think there was an answer but for a related follow-up, we also use Object Instances to record run-time configuration settings (Advanced–>Convert to Instance–>Set Run State). In the attribute list for the object element Run State and Run State Variables are slectable items but I can’t get them to produce any output. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

eadocX Support
    Participant

This looks like a useful feature, so it’s next on the ‘to do’ list.
    I’ll re-post when the solution is available: should be this week or next.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Part-solution is now available in 3.2.3.
    I’ve added ClassifierName as an extra attribute, so it can be used as title (for inline printing) or column in any table.

I’ll follow this with adding InstanceClassifier as an additional relationship, so that other attributes of the IC can be printed, but this is more complicated. This is captured as feature ref #118.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download