Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Last Update information in eaXL

Home Forums eaDocX queries Last Update information in eaXL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Volker Honds
    Participant

Exporting several attributes of a requirement in excel with eaXL I can see the column “Last-Update” (with Type Date), but no content is exported. Is this a known issue or do I miss something?
    Added information: Exporting “Created Date” has the same result.

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi,

First time I’ve heard this so I’ve just checked and see no issues with outputting the dates created or last updated – which should output a string to Excel such as “19/05/2014 16:14:08”.

Can you advise:

• version of EA
    • version of eaDocX
    • version of windows

Also is this issue only limited to requirements or does it occur when outputting anything?

Let us know and we will try and help.

Regards

eaDocX support

Volker Honds
    Participant

I am using
    – EA 10.0.1007
    – eaDocX 3.4.3.0 Full Version
    – Windows 7 Enterprise
    – MS Office Professional Plus 2010 (German Setup)

I observe this also with elements like packages and issues.
    Maybe the German setup (OS and word/excel) can produce problems?

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi,

The only difference between our test environment appears to be you have you have German as your language. We do tests with different languages.

We had an issues some time ago with regional settings – there is a problem with Excel when the language of the windows machine is different from the language of the Excel installer i.e. if you had a German machine but did an installation using an English version of Excel.

Then although you have your regional settings set to German the underlying “culture” of Excel remains English. We did a workaround for this so this should not be an issues.

However, you have an issue. Before we start exploring further can you advise:

• Is your basic windows install english
    • 32-bit or 64-bit
    • Was the Office install an English installer
    • What version of Excel – this is under Help – something like Version: 14:0.7116.5000 (32-bit)

With this information I can explore further and try to emulate your setup so I can to check for issues.

Thanks

Volker Honds
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your quick replies. Here some more information about my settings:
    – Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (64-Bit, German installation)
    – Excel Version 14.0.7116.5000 (32-Bit, German installation)

In the meantime I could do what I wanted to achieve without the need to export the date fields, so this problem is not a big burning issue (anymore).
    But using the power of eaDocX the next situation will come 😉
    To give you eventually more hints, I will try this task on a different machine (theoretically same settings), if I still see a issue, I will rise this one again, okay?
    Thanks so far & best regards!

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi

Looks like versions of windows and Excel the same as one of test systems.

Let me know if the same issue exists when you try on another system – if it does please confirm the installations on that system.

I am looking into these issues again – to see if I can replicate.

Regards

Volker Honds
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve checked it now on a different machine, where I can confirm the same installations. The problem can also be reproduced.
    Additional information: both systems have a MS Office Professional Plus 2010 installation in version 14.0.7015.1000. So this version is different to the Excel version.

Volker Honds
    Participant

thought my last entry did not commit, sorry (please delete me, because I can’t delete my entry) :dry:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Volker Honds. Reason: mistake
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download