Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Limit levels of recursion

Home Forums eaDocX queries Limit levels of recursion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

Is it possible to avoid the recursive parsing of the project tree?

I have a package diagram, with the packages in the same layer as the diagram. I want to have a document section containing only the diagram and packages – NOT the contents of the individual packages as this is finer details for later in my report.

Best Rgds
    Tage

eadocX Support
    Participant

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

– a Package
    — Package diagram, containing package (a)and (b) below
    — Package a
    —(contents of Package a)
    –Package b
    —(contents of Package b)

You want to print the Package Diagram, and something about the A and B Packages (what?), but not their contents?
    Have I got that right ?

Exactly right! Just the package diagram and the name+notes I have entered on each of the packages.

I found a way by manually excluding all contents below package “a” and “b” from the document section in question – just wondered if an easier alternative exists.

Rgds
    Tage

eadocX Support
    Participant

You might configure Package elements to print as tables, then make all the other packages in the document print from Element Reports, which make Packages print normally as Inline, but I’m not even sure that this will work.

Doug Blake
    Participant

Could you apply stereotypes to packages?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download