Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries “Link to Element Feature”-Relation

Home Forums eaDocX queries “Link to Element Feature”-Relation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

perhaps the following suggestion is still part in eaDocX and I’m not able to find or use. But anyway I would like to address to following functionality:
    In our procjets we often have to document mappings. In some case this is not an issue if the attribute is available as an UML attribute. More usual is to modell objects or classes with a list of attributes. Now, if these attribues (member of a class/object) are related to an other element, it’sonly possible to print out the relation between the class/object and other element(s). If the connection is only modelled on that level, everything is fine. Though EA offers the function to define “Link to Element Feature” (property of a relation). This allows me to point directly to a certain attribute of class/object. For me, it would be create if it is possible to “follow” such a relation or in other words:
    It would be helpful to print/figure out a relation between single attribute of a class/object and a related element(s) (UML class, object or even a UML attribute).

Is such a feature still available? If yes, please give me a hint. If not, perhaps this might be a requirement with adds a further valuable feature to your product.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Stefan Schmied

eadocX Support
    Participant

Stefan,
    Good news! This is an eaDocX feature, for all the reasons you describe.
    There is a printable attribute for Classes, Attributes and Methods which is Element Features, which will print a hyperlink to another Class (or other element e.g. Requirement), Attribute or Method, which I think should give you the traceability you need. Search on “Element Features” in the eaDocX help, and that has all the details.
    Thanks
    Ian

Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

thanks a lot. That exacly what I’m looking. It is a little bit tricky to find how to use it.

Thanks for support!

Regards,
    Stefan

eadocX Support
    Participant

Tricky in EA or tricky in eaDocX? I can fix the latter – the former is harder…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download