Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries No Template or Profile request

Home Forums eaDocX queries No Template or Profile request

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martin Langlands
    Participant

I’ve just got a copy of eaDocX and trying to follow the first bit of the Help. The “Creating your First Document ¦ Getting Started” help page says I should get a request to choose a Word template, then an eaDocX Profile – but I get neither prompt. Any ideas please?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    The Help is a bit out of date in that area – I’m updating it at the moment.
    Try just creating a Quick Document from a (small) package – that’s the fastets way to get started

Miroslav Rusnak
    Participant

Hi,

Is there currently any way to use predefined word “template” when generating document using either New document or Quick document? I am in organization where multiple departments use different styling in Word like Cover pages, TOC, paging, headers etc and they all need to use predefined word template. Imagine you need to quickly create “ad hoc” document for a meeting, you use QD feature and items like Cover page, header, footer needs to be added every time. Is there a documented eaDocX feature which address this?

Best regards,
    Miroslav

eadocX Support
    Participant

There is no feature to do that at the moment.(v4.2)
    As you will have found, you can create a Quick Document – using the ‘Normal.dot’ template
    or
    Create a new document, and choose the template.
    What we don’t have is both together.
    The reason for this is that we want Quick document to work first time, every time, for new users. So they don’t need to setup anything: they just choose Quick Document, and they get a document.
    I guess we could have a ‘template override’ setting, where the user chooses their ‘Quick Document’ Word template, then that is used for all the QDs they produce.
    I will investigate.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have added a new feature into 4.2.1 which allows this.

Get each of your users to go the eaDocX Application settings (from the main EA menu, Specialize / eaDocX / Settings / Application Settings0 and under the Quick Document settings, in Quick Document default template, choose a .dotx or dotm file, and that will get used for all Quick Documents for that user.
    Setting is per-user, as this feels like a personal preference.
    Thanks for the idea!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download