Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Older forum entries

Home Forums eaDocX queries Older forum entries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently evaluating eaDocX version 4.1.1.0.
    With v3.9.5.7, I reported some issues in the past to this forum, and for some of the issues it was stated, that those are known and will be fixed in version 4.

When I wanted to check what I reported, I cannot find the queries anymore in the forum, for example:
    https://store.eadocx.com/forum/2-eadocx-queries/1442-table-of-tables-update-doesn-t-work-properly
    https://store.eadocx.com/forum/2-eadocx-queries/1434-table-captions.

From what I see, neither the tables of tables issue had been fixed yet nor the missing table captions issue (besides the table number). Is that correct?

Best regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hmmm.
    I can’t find them either.
    Can you remember what they said ?
    Sorry we lost them 🙁

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

the issues were about
    1. Table of Tables not updated correctly. When I have a document with a table of tables and eaDocX generates further tables during document generation, those tables do not appear in the table of tables

2. When eaDocX generates a table with captions, only the table number is inserted, e.g. “Table 1”. You stated that the chapter header or some other descriptions (don’t remember) will be used, so that it becomes “Table 1:

“.

Another issue I reported was that the table caption for a Glossary didn’t even show a number, but “Table§ “. When I tried it with 4.1.1.0, no table at all was generated.

Best regards
    Markus

Administrator
    Participant

I have fixed (1) – table-of-tables will now update correctly.
    As for (2), where should eaDocX get the caption from? The field which is ‘table title’ is used to add an additional heading above each table of that type, using this text as the heading text. But this will be the same text for all tables with elements of that type. So not much use as a table caption.
    To explain, the table title lets someone print

Some Requirements
    ==================
    (a table of requirements)
    Table 1.

…then later in the document
    Some Requirements
    =================
    (another table of requirements)
    Table 42

etc.

So, if I used the same text for the table caption, the table-of-tables would say:

Table 1 – Some Requiements…….page 1
    Table 42- Some Requirements ……page 99
    etc

Is this what you want ?
    I’ll look at the glossary table..

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Hi,

as said, I don’t remember what we concluded when I reported the table caption issue.

In our project, we meanwhile have a quite complex approach for post-processing the documents. We search for previous figures and chapter headers to generate a caption for the tables (with different suffixes like ‘- References’, depending on whether we found a figure first or a chapter header). But this is probably too project specific.

What about using the header of the chapter containing the table? Not perfect, but it would probably be more meaningful than a simple “Table 1”. In any case, please make it a configurable option.

Best regards
    Markus

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think we’ll have to leave this feature, until we have an idea of where the data will come from.

Markus Bauer
    Participant

Agree

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download