Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Ommitting Method Descriptions

Home Forums eaDocX queries Ommitting Method Descriptions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Whiston
    Participant

I have a design in which I have some classes with attributes and sensible methods. I also have a database description in which some primary keys and unique keys are included as methods. When I include these in my document I need to include methods for the classes but want to exclude them for the data tables in the database. Can I do that? It seems that I either include methods or I dont for the whole document in all sections

eadocX Support
    Participant

If I understand your problem correctly, perhaps the best solution is to have a profile for ‘proper’ classes, and another for <> classes. Then you can choose to print them in different ways.
    See if this helps – if not, send a example of your model (a diagramis OK) and what you want your document to look like, to support@eadocx.com

Paul Whiston
    Participant

Ah! Can I create new profile items? I thought I could only modify existing ones. I want to have a profile for a class with a “table” stereotype.

eadocX Support
    Participant

There’s no practical limit to how many different ways you can print things – I have Profiles with 60 element types, some of which have 10-12 different stereotypes, in a 40 Mb model. This is towards the top end of the complexity we’ve seen, but eaDocX seems to cope OK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download