Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sequence numbering

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sequence numbering

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank Benkert
    Participant

In EA, I enabled [Tools]->[Options]->[Diagram]->[Sequence]->[Show Sequence Numbering].
    This automatically shows sequence numbers beside the messages in my Sequence-Diagrams like “1.0”, “1.1”, “2.0” aso.

In the generator-profile “Message” of eaDocX I inserted the standard attribute “Sequence number”.
    1st Problem: there I get 1, 2, 3, 4 aso.
    2nd Problem: if I try to use this field as a sorting-field, its sortet alphabetically, not by numbers.

What am I doing wrong?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Not much, really:-)
    The first problem is that I can’t figure out how to get the numbering to go beyond 1.x: how do you get to 2.x ???

If I knew that, I’d have a go at getting the x.y formatting to print properly.
    e
    As for the sorting, I’ve just tried to add a ‘sort’ to the Message.Sequence number, and it seems to come out OK. I was using a table to print the messages, added the SequenceNumber as column, then added sort.

Frank Benkert
    Participant

The sequence numbering in EA allways starts at 1.0, I think. The next messages are numbered with 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 aso.
    If you right-click a message arrow and select [Activations]->[Start New Message Group], this message is numbered with 2.0 and any following with 2.1, 2.2 aso.
    As far as I can see, the numbers you are printing are corresponding with the order of the sequence numbers. In my diagram 1 means 1.0, 2 means 1.1, 3 means 1.2, 4 means 2.0, 5 means 2.1 aso. So the order seems to be correct; maybe you have to count the numbers by your own and trigger on a flag like “new sequence” or something like that.

My sorting problem only occures with more than 9 messages. You seem to order alphabetically, not by number – so “10”, “11”, “12” is sorted before “1 “.

Maybe you can have a look at this too in the next release – thanks!

eadocX Support
    Participant

Thanks for the tip – I’ll give it a try.

The sorting problem is a real pain – I agree. I will have another look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download