Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Setup Document Management issues

Home Forums eaDocX queries Setup Document Management issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miroslav Rusnak
    Participant

Hi eaDocX Team,

I am trying to setup DM feature on brand new repository (model generated from EA samples) and I noticed few issues.

Steps I followed:

1. In EA menu Specialize->eaDocX->DM->Setup Document Management
    2. In wizard screen 1 I enabled DM, selected package for documentation and selected folder for new docs
    2. ISSUE: folder for new docs needs to be selected. Default could be used instead, right?
    3. In wizard screen 2 I disabled Collaboration (radio button Not at the moment)
    4. ISSUE: after I reopen wizard the Collaboration option is Enabled
    5. In project browser select any package and Generate quick document.
    6. ISSUE: Generated document is not automatically added to DM package (Artifact eaDocXDocument is not created). I can add the document to DM only manually selecting Tools->DM->Enable

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your support.

BR,
    Miroslav

eadocX Support
    Participant

I will look into this ASAP. In the meantime, you can use DM without going through the Wizard: just enable DM in the settings for your repository.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Miroslav,
    I have had a look at this, and it’s definitely not the greatest bit of the eaDocX user interface, but it seems to work ok.
    I chose all the options I wanted, and they saved (brand new, empty repository) then I generated a document using Quick Document.
    (Quick Doc does not save the document into EA the first time you generate the document – that way, we can make sure that QD always works).
    If I then re-generated that Quick Document, it then saved into Ea correctly (even though the message said ‘saved externally’, which I will fix.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download