Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Software (or Solution) Architecture “How Tos”?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Software (or Solution) Architecture “How Tos”?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Barrie Treloar
    Participant

Are there any “How To” documentation on how people are using eaDocX to generated Software or Solution Architecture Documentation?

Ideally, I would love a model already laid out with an eaDocX document created to generate from with some text to indicate why its done that way.

I understand that people do these documents differently, but 4+1 has been around for a while, and knowing more about limitations and their work arounds (e.g. I can’t report on relationships with eaDocX would save me a lot of pain working out how to do this from first principles.

Is there anything out there?
    (The Sparx website has nothing to say on model structure for this either)

Cheers
    Barrie

eadocX Support
    Participant

Sort answer – no.
    Longer answer:
    I visit one or two customers each week, and have been doing for for 15 years, and I have yet to see two customers document their designs/Architecture in the same way.
    At the last EA User Group meeting in Minneapolis, there was some discussion about this, mostly observing the same thing: we seem to invent it for each customer.
    As for 4+1, I personally haven’t seen this for ages – I had no idea it was still current!

Barrie Treloar
    Participant

As for 4+1, I personally haven’t seen this for ages – I had no idea it was still current!

Lol, well I was trained in RUP 15+ years ago.
    Unfortunately at the places I have been working at I’m the most experienced in this stuff – and I dont claim to be an expert 🙁

Sort answer – no.
    Longer answer:
    I visit one or two customers each week, and have been doing for for 15 years, and I have yet to see two customers document their designs/Architecture in the same way.
    At the last EA User Group meeting in Minneapolis, there was some discussion about this, mostly observing the same thing: we seem to invent it for each customer.

Is there nothing on the interwebs that gives a reasonably complete guide to what should be included and why?

Having something like this for Sparx and eaDocX would be a real benefit to customers.

I’d even be grateful for a “basic” document but my google-fu is failing me in locating such artifacts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download