Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sort Order in Model Views

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sort Order in Model Views

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

Hi!

I am trying to print documents using Model Views.

My view contains elements from a single package. I have added and removed the individual elements several times in an effort to affect the order in the document, and I have also moved individual elements up and down within the original EA package. I have also reset the sort order on the EA package.

Thus far, nothing has worked. The elements stay in the same (random?) order.

I have also tried moving the element sections within the generated document. The result of that seems to be that the reordered elements are retained and the elements are replicated in their “original” order.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how this can be changed? I’d prefer NOT to have to rearrange the documents every time they are generated (although that is certainly an option).

Thanks!

Tom

eadocX Support
    Participant

normally, changing the order in EA using the up/down buttons does the trick, but i have not tried this with a model view. I’ll have a look next week when I’m back in the office

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ve just tried this, and in my configuration, eaDocX uses the order of the elements as in the Model View. I can change the order in the MV, using the up/down button, and eaDocX prints them correctly.
    Can you send me an example ?

Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

OK. As usual, things are a little weird. I just regenerated my document, eliminated the section and readded it. After juggling things around (rearranging, deleting, re-adding), it finally worked the way it’s “supposed to” (i.e., move the items around in the Model View and THEN add the section). Apparently, eaDocX does not “re-sort” the document, even if you re-sort the Model View. You appear to have to delete the section and then do the sorting.

Anyway, it seems to be working right now.

Thanks!

Tom

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have magical powers over your computer….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download