Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Support for type Enumeration?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Support for type Enumeration?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken Norcross
    Participant

I do not see the Enumeration type available in the type lists?

(Actually most of the types in the “Class” toolbox do not seem to be available)

For Domain/Entity/Concept modeling I tend to use Enumerations to describe fixed values for attributes. I guess I can switch styles and use a Class stereotyped as <>, which was my older style, but since Sparx started supporting Enumeration directly I have tended to use their Enumeration type.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think I know why.
    In recent years, EA has started to blur the boundary between an element type (which is definitively described in the otObjectType enum) and a stereotype.
    So, when EA lists what is describes as ‘Element Types’, in many places, that’s a mixture of true element types – like ‘Class’ – and common stereotypes – like <>Class.
    There’s no obvious pattern to when EA does this, so eaDocX has no choice but to take a strict view of element types vs. stereotypes.
    Element Types are the values which appear in the Object_Type column of t_object, and no others are allowed.
    Stereotypes are everything else.
    So, to print <
    >Class elements, create a Profile for that stereotype, and I’m confident that all will be joy and happiness.

Ken Norcross
    Participant

Yes EA has the concept of a “Metatype” that seems to be a stereotype that gets treated by parts of EA as a first class Type.

I will try your suggestion, thanks.

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

I’d like to use the Enumeration type with eaXL, however this type is not supported nor listed in the Elements tab.
    Enumeration exists in the t_objectypes table, and used in the t_object.Object_Type column (if you create an Enumeration element from the UML Class toolbox).

Based on your explanation I would expect Enumeration to be listed, which is not. Could this be a quick fix in eaXL?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download