Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Table settings have multiple values in one column

Home Forums eaDocX queries Table settings have multiple values in one column

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wouter Goedvriend
    Participant

I am new to EADocx and I have a question:

In the document profiles I have the class and the enumeration profile. Both the profiles have an attributes collection. When I add this attributes collection to both the enumeration and class profile they have the exact same table settings. This is not what i want, because I want to show a different set of columns in the attributes collection from the classes as what I want to show from the enumeration attributes. How can I make this work?

Kind Regards,

Wouter

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’m not quite sure that I fully understand what you are trying to do, but I’ll try…
    You are quite right that you can have separate Profiles for printing Classes and Enums.
    Either can be printed as a Table (one row per element) or as ‘Inline’ – one heading per element, and one paragraph per element field.
    If you print as ‘inline’ then you can also choose to print the Attributes of the Class or Enum (see the sub-elements list).
    If you choose to print, say, the Attributes of each Enum, then eaDocX will use the Profile for ‘Attribute’ – again, either as a table of attributes, or Inline.
    Does this help ?

Wouter Goedvriend
    Participant

I’m not quite sure that I fully understand what you are trying to do, but I’ll try…
    You are quite right that you can have separate Profiles for printing Classes and Enums.
    Either can be printed as a Table (one row per element) or as ‘Inline’ – one heading per element, and one paragraph per element field.
    If you print as ‘inline’ then you can also choose to print the Attributes of the Class or Enum (see the sub-elements list).
    If you choose to print, say, the Attributes of each Enum, then eaDocX will use the Profile for ‘Attribute’ – again, either as a table of attributes, or Inline.
    Does this help ?

Hi,

And what I see is that there is only one profile for printing attributes (either as a table of inline). So The engine uses that profile for printing class attributes as well as printing enumeration attributes, but I would like to print attributes from classes as a different table with other columns then attributes from the enumerations…. does thie explanation help?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah 🙂 Now I see what you’re trying to do…
    Short answer is No – in eaDocX, the design point is to print the same thing in the same way, regardless of where it comes up in the document.
    But, you can fix it, but it does mean making model changes, which I know is not a great answer.
    If you give the attributes in the ENUM a special stereotype, then eaDocX will let you print the two different types of attributes in different ways.
    Or, if you really feel clever, then use an EA script to decide how to print them, but I don’t recommend this as it’s quite technical.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download