Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Table Styles don’t work

Home Forums eaDocX queries Table Styles don’t work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abdalrahman Shatou
    Participant

Hello everyone…

I am using eaDocX V3.2 trial. The software is powerful and I like it. However, I am facing a strange issue.

Table styles need to have no spaces (according to the software help). I tried that and modified the Table Style name to LightShading. It doesn’t appear in the Options though.

When I returned back to the Table Style inside the word document, it seems that Word has changed the name to “Light Shading;LightShading”. I don’t why it did that. I can’t modify the name to anything without spaces. Is there anyway to fix that?!

Thanks

eadocX Support
    Participant

The reason why your new Table and Paragraph styles don’t appear immediately in the drop-down options is because eaDocX caches the values: there’s a ‘Refresh’ button which gets the latest values from Word. We do this because for complicated documents, with lots of styles (record is >200!) this involves 200 calls to Word, which is REALLY slow.

As for ‘Why no spaces’, you’ve got me on that one – I don’t know either. I’ve tried all kinds of forums, and nobody even talks about it: probably not something which Word users do very often (link generated HTML to word styles). So it’s just a really annoying restriction we’re going to have to live with 🙁

The strange compound names which Word gives to new table styles is also a puzzle.
    As you say, renaming one of the Word build-in Table styles to your own name just seems to add the new to the old. Very odd.
    If you select the table, then look at the style, Word give us the option to ‘Modify Style’, the the renaming of the style is allowed, but it still adds the new name to the old one.

Abdalrahman Shatou
    Participant

The reason why your new Table and Paragraph styles don’t appear immediately in the drop-down options is because eaDocX caches the values: there’s a ‘Refresh’ button which gets the latest values from Word. We do this because for complicated documents, with lots of styles (record is >200!) this involves 200 calls to Word, which is REALLY slow.

As for ‘Why no spaces’, you’ve got me on that one – I don’t know either. I’ve tried all kinds of forums, and nobody even talks about it: probably not something which Word users do very often (link generated HTML to word styles). So it’s just a really annoying restriction we’re going to have to live with 🙁

The strange compound names which Word gives to new table styles is also a puzzle.
    As you say, renaming one of the Word build-in Table styles to your own name just seems to add the new to the old. Very odd.
    If you select the table, then look at the style, Word give us the option to ‘Modify Style’, the the renaming of the style is allowed, but it still adds the new name to the old one.

So I need to add a totally new table style?!

eadocX Support
    Participant

Not necessary. Select a table, and pick and existing table style. Click ‘modify table’ in Word then make your changes to the style, then overwrite the style name with your new one.
    Then refresh the word table styles back in eaDocX, and you’ll be able to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download