Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries tag values for messages in a sequence diagram

Home Forums eaDocX queries tag values for messages in a sequence diagram

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Karouzos
    Participant

Hi

This is my first day using the trail version of the product. I’m using version 3.2.9.10 with EA 10.0.1005.

My packages contains sequeance diagrams. For each of the messages the model has tag values. In my profile I went to the properties of the message element to change the layout to include a column for each tag value. When I click on the radio button to select Tagged Value, no values appear in the drop down. I expected this as there is no way of knowing the name of the tags unless there are defined using the UML defined types settings dialogue.

My question is how do I specify the name of the tag I wish to include in the document.

Thanks
    Peter

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Peter,
    I’m probably showing my lack of EA knowledge here, but how do you attach a Tagged Value to a Message in a Sequence Diagram?
    None of the Element or Element Browser options give me the chance to add a TV, so that’s probably why there isn’t that option in eaDocX!
    In general, for elements (and, in v3.3+, Connectors) you will be shown a list of the TVs which actually exist in your model for that element /connector type – not the ones which are defined in the Tagged Value Types (which might not get used) but those which have actually been used on some real instances.
    Please let me know hot to attach the TVs to Messages, and I’ll investigate further!
    Ian

Peter Karouzos
    Participant

Hi Ian,

There are two methods. If you have the tag value window open when you select the message you can use the tag value window to add/edit/delete values. Alternatively, after selecting the message, click on the View menu option and select the Tag Values menu item.

I suggest you may wish to consider including the Tagged Values that have been defined through settings. I use this approach to ensure the name of the tagged values are consistent avoiding spelling errors etc. Helpfull when you have large number of people working on a model and people coming and going.

Thanks
    Peter

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah ha!
    I’ll have a look at this, and see if I can build it into the next version.

eadocX Support
    Participant

OK – Found it!
    ‘never seem that bit of EA before!
    Anyway, it’s now added into the next version of eaDocX (3.3) along with more general support for TaggedValues on Connectors (also requested by a user).
    ..and whilst I had the hood up on that bit, I also fixed the compound numbering of Sequence Diagram messages, so they should now appear optionally as 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 etc, which was another outstanding user request.

Thanks for the tip – I rely on you guys for all the design/code bits of EA, as I only use if for BA stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download