Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged Values on Attribute Level

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged Values on Attribute Level

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a colleague of Jörg Witzel and we are in contact regarding a future usage of your tool in our projects. I have started to evalute EAdocX and so far it looks very helpful.

Currently I have a little problem to handle Tagged Values of EA on attribute level. What I try to figure out is to add tagged values of an attribute as additional columns of an output table.

On class level this is not an issue, here I get a choice (dialog: Class – Inline formatting > Attributes of this element > Tagged Value is toggled) of all available Tagged Values. That looks fine and I see the expected output.

Now, I have tried to do the same on attribut level. But here I don’t get a filled choice. When I enter the name of Tagged Value manually, the resulting tables have an additional colum, but without any content (only the header is visible).

Perhaps a case of wrong handling. I dont’ know. Can you give me support?

Further our model uses contraints on relations between classes . Our intention is to add these contraints to the printout of a class(as a list). But this does not work. But here I think I have some challenges to work with the tool. Perhaps you can give me a hint how to go further.

I have prepared some sample files to show you what I have tried to do. But unfortunately my browser crashes every time, where I try to upload a file. If it is helpful I can send you the files via mail.

I have tested the creation with version 2.1.0.17.

Can you give my support?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Stefan Schmied

eadocX Support
    Participant

There’s really no good reason why this function isn’t available – we just forgot. I’m adding it to the next 2.1 beta now….should be ready by then end of the day – assuming you can’t think of any more for me to do…. 😉
    Thanks

Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

great! So you mean, I can download a new version tomorrow morning (germany)?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Stefan

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ready now – 2.1.0.18

Enjoy

Peter Burgun
    Participant

Hi has this functionality been accidentally removed in a later version. I am trying to add a tagged value to a table for an attribute and none of the tagged values appear in the drop down list even though I am working with an attribute stereotype with a number of tagged values.

I am on Full Version 3.3.15.1.

By the way except for this small issue I am loving the product!

eadocX Support
    Participant

Strange – I remember creating this feature. I’ve looked, and it’s gone!! Looks like I’ll have to go back into that old version and re-discover the code. Most Strange. I’ll put it into v3.4 (Backlog #161).

Peter Burgun
    Participant

Thanks for the update. When can we expect v3.4?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I am aiming for a Beta in January 2014.
    I depends on how many forum queries I need to answer…:-)
    …and whether I stop work for Christmas 🙁

Jörg Witzel
    Participant

Hello,
    is there maybe an older version i could use, which still contains the “Tagged Values on Attribute Level” – Feature ?

I have a special document to deliver to my customer (only classes an diagrams – no complex eaDocx Features used) which should include tagged values for all attributes.

Best regards
    Jörg

Jörg Witzel
    Participant

I found a workaround:
    1.) You can not select Tagged Values for Attributes, but you can still ad an empty column (content-row contains “DTAG_”)
    2.) Export the profile
    3.) Find the Attribute description within the XML and change “DTAG_” to “DTAG_
    4.) Load the profile again

The generation of the document works now (with Tagged Values on Attribute Level).
    Seems that only the GUI-mask is broken and not the generator 🙂

Best regards
    Jörg

eadocX Support
    Participant

Good idea!
    I will certainly put the function back into the GUI for 3.4 – working on it now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download