Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Trial version crashed

Home Forums eaDocX queries Trial version crashed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chantale
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to evaluate if this plugin was worth it. So I installed the trial version. The installation did not report any error. I opened Enterprise Architect to have a couple of very annoying windows one stating I had 29 days of trial left, but managed to get to my model. I made a test diagram with two classes and 1 attribute. I used the “Quick Document” function, it managed to create a docx, but crashed unelegantly at the end. I figured anyway excel was an even better option. So i went to Extensions -> eaDocX and BAM ! Please enter license key and all the options were removed from the extensions. So my question is :

Is there a trial version that works ?

Hello duchcha84

I’m sorry you have had a poor experience of the trial so far.
    We have not heard about these kinds of issues before.
    Please can you let us know what versions of EA, Word and Excel you are using? Obviously there are many different environments and s/w combinations that we try to test, but sometimes one gets through…

Thanks
    Jackie

Chantale
    Participant

I have Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64 bit, Microsoft Excel 2010 version 14.0.6129.5000 (32 bit), Microsoft Word 2010 version 14.0.6129.5000 (32 bit) and finally Enterprise Architect Corporate Edition 9.2.922.

If the version of Enterprise Architect is the problem I can have access to version 10.0.

eadocX Support
    Participant

What is the symptom? Does eaDocX produce anything in the Trace ? Can you send a (sanitised) document & XMI and I will try to reproduce your issue.

Chantale
    Participant

I could not produce a document since the trial just popped up an error window. After that I could not use the trial again since it was asking me for a license key and all the options to make documents became unavailable. So unfortunately I don’t have more information.

I added in attachment the xmi file representing the package I tried this on. It is complete since I made a eap test file for things like this.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Chantale. Reason: add attachment
    eadocX Support
    Participant

What did the error say? Was it an eaDocX, and EA or a Word error ?

Chantale
    Participant

It was over a week ago so I can’t remember. It definitely was en eaDocX error though.

Something about not being able to generate data for a certain package I think…

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Chantale.
    Chantale
    Participant

It was over a week ago so I can’t remember. It definitely was en eaDocX error though.

Something about not being able to generate data for a certain package I think…

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – that sounds like you EA model has some data in it which eaDocX doesn’t like. Usually fixed by just doing an EA Project Integrity Check, which cleans up most dangly bits in your model.

Chantale
    Participant

The integrity check on the model did not report any problem. It says “No problems found”.
    Beside, I cannot validate if it works or not since I cannot run the trial version again.

Well, thanks for the help anyway. I guess I am just gonna stick with the “expensive yet working” homemade solution for what I want to do.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download