Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unable to ‘enable eaDocX DM’ icw ProsgreSQL

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unable to ‘enable eaDocX DM’ icw ProsgreSQL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am unable to keep eaDocX DM enabled. When set the setting to True it seems to succeed, but when I leave the dialog box and open it again the setting is False again.

When using a standard EAP or an SQL database the setting keeps its value, but when I am using a ProsgreSQL database it fails (and kept set to False).

The DM setting I use is:
    Menu: Extensions/eaDocX/Settings/Repository Settings
    Section: Document Management default settings
    Item: ‘1 – Enable eaDocX DM’

I am using:
    Enterprise Architect v12.1.1230 (Corporate Edition)
    eaDocX Full Corporate Version 3.9.1.1
    PostgreSQL v9.6

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think i’ve found the problem – just to confirm it for me, are there any errors in the eaDocX log? If the problem is where i think, there should be two each time you try to save a repository setting. (this is the only setting change which uses SQL: Application settings are saved by Sparx, and Document Settings are saved in the document by eaDocX).

Where can I find the eaDocX log?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Under the Help menu, there is an option to Enable Technical Logging.
    I’m expecting there to be something about ‘Failed to delete RepositorySetting row” and “Failed to add RepositorySetting row”

Technical log is now enabled. I’ll get an eaDocX Trace dialog. 3 entries are logged when I go to the ‘Extensions/eaDocX/Settings/Repository Settings’ menu.
    Setting the ‘1 – Enable eaDocX DM’ item to true does not give an entry in the trace.

I wonder if this has something to do with PostgreSQL?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hmmmm. Interesting.
    That’s not what I expected to see in the trace: if it’s a PostGreSQL problem, there should be an entry there.
    I will try to re-create our PostGreSQL test environment (we don’t routinely test for PostGreSQL as we only have 2 customers out of 2000+) and see if I can reproduce the error.

eadocX Support
    Participant

OK – found it – there was a problem with PostgreSQL – again – but not where I expected.
    I think this is now fixed in 3.9.3.3, now available on the website.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download