Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unable to open Document as Word ‘busy”?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unable to open Document as Word ‘busy”?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Towers
    Participant

I just tried to open an existing document and got this error message. There was no way to get out of it – Retry and Cancel just kept bringing it back. The only thing I was able to do was to kill the EA process.

This has happened before. Does anybody have any ideas what it is?

Matthew Thomas
    Participant

Often, in two different organisation’s IT infrastructure, and with different versions of Word (first 2010, now 2013). It happens when you’ve already got Word open and awaiting a user response. There’s something about the way eaDocX communicates with the Word processes that’s not quite clean. Instead of killing the EA process, if you start the task manager and switch to the hidden Word window, that’ll normally allow you to continue.

James Towers
    Participant

Unfortunately on the few and rare occasions this has happened to me I’ve tried that and discovered I haven’t got any other instances of word running. There are a few bugs in the latest version of word (which to their credit Microsoft are constantly fixing) so this may be one.

Matthew Thomas
    Participant

Hi JTowers
    Agree: I also experience it when Word isn’t open (Office 2013, EA build 1215 and eaDocX 3.7.3.0). It happens “reliably” in my case. It’s an irritation rather than an obstacle.
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download