Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Use inherited profiles for all instances

Home Forums eaDocX queries Use inherited profiles for all instances

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Elson
    Participant

This option is available for Quick Document. Any reason it could not be available for any document?

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

I don’t know – I’ll have a look

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

This option is still in the Quick Document settings, but it shold hve been removed.
    Stopping using this was deliberate, because:
    (1) so few people use instances in their modelling, I’m gradually removing support for specific instance types: everything is just ‘Object’, as it is in EA.
    (2) this was forst to go, just because formatting an instance of element in the same way as its classifier is a bit strange. Sure, the instance gets a Profile, but why would we print the classifier and its instances the same way? The instances have actual values of the attributes of the classifier, in the Run State Variables, so they shold look very different. This was just a short-cut to providing diffeent profiles for different kinds of ‘object’.
    Excessive flexibility.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download