Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Version History Migration with 3.3.1.0

Home Forums eaDocX queries Version History Migration with 3.3.1.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joab Stieglitz
    Participant

I currently have 90+ documents with several revisions of document history all created in version 3.2. None of these documents show up in Document Management in 3.3, and when I add them, the old history is lost. If I attempt to add them into DM as version 0.0.0.4, the filename becomes “0.0.0.4.0.0.0.4.docx”. If I manually change it in the EA element, the next generation comes up as “0.0.0.4.0.0.0.4.docx”.

This is a critical issue. I have customer deliverables that need to be revised, and I can’t lost the previous document history!

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi

I assume that this is only happening when you use for the first time (migrate), and that newly created documents work fine thereafter. That’s what I can see – let me know of otherwise.

I’ll look at the code that handles the conversion between versions and get back to you.

BR

eaDocX support

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi

Done some tests this morning with V3.2.8.0 and moving to V3.3.1.1 and I haven’t been able to repeat your problem.

So be useful to know which 3.2.xxx version you have been using – hopefully I can install the same version for testing.

FYI: The only problem I experienced when moving between VM’s running different versions was that ended up in the wrong directory – which involved editing the files property of the documentVersion artifacts. I assume in your case the DM directory hasn’t changed.

In terms of the issue with not appearing in the model- I assume you mean in the “Document details | Versions tab” – in which case it implies that the document management settings have changed.

Could you send a screenshot of:
    1. what you see in the Document details | version
    2. Output from using eaXL showing the filename properties – in my model I have set the document management to use the package dm, in which it manages the document versions.
    3. Repository settins (eaDocX | Settings | Repository settings)

I hope the attached screenshots which illustrate these screenshots for my test model.

Any information that you think could be relevant would be useful and may give me a clue.

Many thanks

Adrian

Joab Stieglitz
    Participant

Here you go. As you will see, there is no evidence of Document Management, aside from the catalog of artifacts in the repository package.

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for this – clearly no references to the documents. What concerns me is the fact that the filenames are now blank; in my case what I saw was an incorrect path.
    Do you have a back up from an earlier version of the model. If so, firstly taking a copy (!!) just run the eaXL output to see if the filenames are present before you do any document management stuff.

In any case, we will take a look at this – I assume you made no other changes to the models, and that you purely openned with the new version of eaDocX; let us know if that assumption is invalid.

Thanks

Joab Stieglitz
    Participant

You are correct. Just opened the existing model and attempted to regenerate the documents. Nothing has been done to regenerate the documents in the model I shared the screen shots from.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download