Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Cross references in eaDocX Reply To: Cross references in eaDocX

Home Forums eaDocX queries Cross references in eaDocX Reply To: Cross references in eaDocX

Marie Due
Participant

Hi Ian
I think I found the cause of the method error (I re-attached the error photo)
As you probably know, we use Arabic, and when I was making changes to the model for you, and I was changing the names of packages, BPs, elements , … to English, at the end I saw that there was no error.
Then I came back to the same original model, shortened the length of the Arabic names of the elements, and saw that the error went away again.
By enlarging the element’s name in English, I realized that this method gives an error when the length of the element exceeds 98 characters. And because in Arabic each character takes up a few bytes, this happens a lot in our model.
Apparently the tool itself allows 255 characters of length(I checked t_object.name and t_package.name)
Kindest regards
Marie

Attachments:

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download