Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error message when trying to create/open document Exception 0x800706BA when create/open document

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error message when trying to create/open document Exception 0x800706BA when create/open document

Neil harrison
Participant

This is all fixed.

My IT guys is great. The solution was to give me a new laptop with a fresh “deployment image”. This was a Dell Altitude E7240 with Windows 7 enterprise (it will have all the current patches), with Office 2016, and Skype for business. We loaded EADocx and it seems to work. Well I don’t get the error message. (I have not done much testing and I’m not going to get a chance to work with it for a few more weeks – but if I get the snag again I’ll repost)

This is speculation as to what caused the problem. It is likely to have been due to us putting office 365 onto the old laptop (same model) after I had installed EADocs the first time, as this most likely upset the office application “gubbins” that makes it possible for programs to use each others features (the gubbins includes DLLs). Installing programs overwrites existing DLLs, and then un-installing them often does not fix the problem because once a new program has overwritten a DLL then when it is uninstalled it clearly can NOT undo the overwrite. So potentially an alternative solution to getting a fresh laptop is to uninstall EADocs and then run the office “repair feature” and then re-install EADocxs. We didn’t do that because getting a new PC is a 5 minute job in the organisation I’m with.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download