Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen

Home Forums eaDocX queries Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jason Blewitt
    Participant

The good news:
    A full set of 25 documents successfully generated a new version as part of the multi-doc generation.

The bad news:
    It appears that Element Reports aren’t being generated when the document is regenerated in this way.

I have two very simple Element Reports in each document; one that pulls out a single Action from a single package and display just the Description. Another which pulls out a set of Actions from a package and displays the Name as a column and the Description as another column.

Both reports work without issue when regenerating a single document.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ve been trying to reproduce this error, but currently with no success.
    I can think of no reason why Element Report would not be re-generated, except where they were either not in the version being re-generated, or do not have a Profile for the elements in the report.
    I’m looking into both of these. They MAY be some cases where, if you edit a document to add a new ER section, but don’t save it, then the re-generate won’t pick up the changes.

Jason Blewitt
    Participant

I have regenerated a few of the documents individually and they all generate the Element Reports without issue.

The first version of each of the documents is correctly showing the output from the reports, so it does seem a bit odd that only the versions generated as part of the multi-doc generation don’t.

I have since noticed that the first two documents generated have correctly output the report (out of 25).

I’ll try another regeneration shortly to see if it was some sort of temporary blip.

Jason Blewitt
    Participant

Following another full regeneration, this time increasing build number only rather than the minor increment, the element reports have generated.

I’ll keep an eye out and raise a new topic if it happens again and I’m able to provide more information for support.

Thank you for all your assistance so far!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download