Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen

Home Forums eaDocX queries Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen Document Versions Removed Following Multi-Doc Gen

Jason Blewitt
Participant

Double clicking the <> element opens the document and creates the copy in the OneDrive location as I specified in my previous post.

Double clicking the <> artifact opens the Document Details pop up. I can right click the artifact and ‘open the latest version’ if the document has been created in the OneDrive location. Else it bombs out and removes the links.

From what I can gather, there are two issues:
1. If the document cannot be found, eaDocX removes all document versions from the document artifact. If this is part of a multi-doc generation it also removes all document versions following that document that haven’t been generated yet. This seems like a pretty serious bug given the effort involved in re-adding all documents for a large docco set. Have you been able to replicate this locally (imagine setting up three documents, deleting the physical document for the second document and then attempting to generate all three at once should mimic the situation I’m in)?

2. A file location appears to have been set somewhere which is causing eaDocX to create a copy of the document in an unspecified location, and also looking in said location rather than the configured area as per Document Management settings.

If we can figure out where issue 2 is being set, I can resolve my short term problem although I am very wary about continuing down this path with issue 1 outstanding.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download