Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7 Re: eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7 Re: eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Adrian Support
Participant

Hello Sudhakar,

Thanks for the screenshots which explain the situation.

To start with if you have a diagram selected and initiate the eaDocX/eaXL export then it will ALWAYS output all elements of the diagram. The export from a diagram is intended to allow users to group elements in a different way than their structure and output a consolidated set.

To output the elements you require – i.e. to output the “level1” components within the package you:
1. select the package
2. Then from either
– the main Extensions menu select “eaDocX | eaXL | Open package”
or
– using the right click context menu in the project browser “Extension | eaDocX | eaXL | Open in Excel”

This will produce a new Tab within EA and populate with the initial level of elements in the package i.e. the owner package and components 1,2,3,4 – not their children

Which is what I think you want.

If you did wish to then change what is included – for example:

– to remove package elements from output then uncheck “package” in the “Elements” Tab
– to modify required columns on the “Columns” tab
– to include children then check the “Output Child Elements” on the “Columns” tab.

I hope that helps and you are able to produce the information you require.

Any other questions do ask.

BR

eaDocX support

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download