Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries aeDocX System Error Message

Home Forums eaDocX queries aeDocX System Error Message

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hieu Phan
    Participant

I’m experiencing this errors with my eaDocX. I installed latest version but the problem still exists. Tried to restart couple times but it didn’t help. Please assist!!

Kind regards,
    Hieu Phan.

eadocX Support
    Participant

HI,
    I think we have all seen errors like this very occasionally. Looking at the error message, it’s coming from inside MS Word, when eaDocX asks it to look for some text. I think these are due to a problem in the depths of the Word document, and are usually fixed by copying all the manual text into a new document, and adding the eaDocX sesctions again. Very tedious, but it’s the only way I have found to fix the problem.
    If you can make it happen repeatably, please send me the .EAP and word document, and I will investigate further, but I’m not hopeful. Working with two large products like EA and Word, this sort of thing seems to just happen .

Hieu Phan
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.

In my case, it happens everytime when I generate the full document (Generate Document –> Full), even with the simplest document with 1 element. I tried it with other small EAP files, same error message (tried Quick Document generation as well). It seems work fine when I choose Quick option to generate document, at the moment I’m using it as a workaround. So not sure what happened.

Sorry I can’t send you the model because it’s in the DBMS and it’s too big to convert into an EAP (> 1.5G data file). But I tried all local EAP files on my PC and still face same problem.

Many thanks,
    Hieu Phan.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hmmm. Does this happen with a new Word document, and a small .EAP ?

Hieu Phan
    Participant

Yes, I’ve just created a brand new EAP and try new Word document. Same thing happened. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download